Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bb Day 1&2

This week we started letter Bb with our theme being bugs. We started out each day with morning meeting, prayer, bible story, and bible verse. And finished up each day with J playing with her play trays.

Day 1
books



B is for Bugs Trace
I put this in her Crayola Dry Erase board

Bb trace- I laminated this and let her use a dry erase marker


Bb butterfly match- had to match by color or B to b.


Bug Counting Practice- We counted the bugs together and then I placed the number on the card. She doesn't recognize her numbers yet, so it's really just to practice counting.


Bb Do-A-Dot page


Bug/Flower sort- she just had to put bugs on one side and flowers on the other.


Bug to Leaf- tracing
I also put this in her Crayola Dry Erase board.


Bb Play-Doh mats


And our craft for today was a 'B' butterfly. I printed off these two B's and let her paint them with her Do-A-Dot markers. I cut them out and then she glued them to construction paper. We glued on pom-poms for the body and added googly eyes and pipe cleaner antennas.




Day 2
books-


B is for Bug magnet page
with pom-pom magnet on her magnet board


Bb lacing card- I just printed a bee, punched holes in it, and tied a string to it.



Bb is for bugs puzzle- I had to help her with this one


Bug Writing Practice- laminated and used a dry erase marker


Bb is for bug coloring page


Size Sort- small, medium, and large


Which is different- I covered up all but one line and let her point out which was different in each group. She had a really hard time with some of these. I'm not sure if I wasn't explaining it in a way that made sense to her or what. We did it a few times and will probably pull it back out again this week to try it again.


Bug cut and paste- I cut out the bugs and she glued them on the grass or in the air. I would ask her where they went (did they crawl on the ground or fly in the sky?) and she'd put them there.


And our craft for today was a footprint bumblebee and ladybug. This was one of my favorite crafts and it turned out really cute. It will be going in her 'Now I know my ABC's' book.


1 comment:

  1. Is some of that from the "Pretty Bugs" preschool pack on Homeschool Creations? I think I have that saved on my computer. lol

    ReplyDelete