Thursday, September 1, 2011

Letter Aa Day 3&4

For days 3 and 4 of the letter Aa, we still began our morning with 'morning meeting'. Which includes prayer, bible verse, song, themed book, and reviewing the letter of the week. Then we jump into the 'school work'. After all her work is finished she plays with her 'play trays' for usually about 30-45 minutes.

Day 3

book

Apple Cutting Practice. I had her to trace these lines instead of cut them. I'm still letting her explore with scissors and she hasn't quite mastered them yet, so I thought it'd be a better idea just to trace these lines. She used her Crayola Dry-Erase board

Apple Shape Puzzle. She had to match the apples by shape.


A is for apple magnet page, using pom-pom magnets and magnet board.


Bottle Cap Match. I made these by 'Mod-Podge'ing the letters onto plastic bottle caps. Then she had to match the letters with the ones on the page.


And our craft for this day was a door hanger. She painted all the pieces and I cut them out for her and put them together. I added her name to it and then laminated it to make it more sturdy.
and that finished up day 3 for us.



Day 4

book-


Aa Getting Ready. This page was laminated and she used Expo markers with it.


A-A and a-a match. She had to match the capitol A apples with the capitol A apples on the tree. Same with the lowercase.


Find the A's. It says on the top of this page to circle the A's, but J loves to use her Do-A-Dot markers so much, I let her use those instead.


Apples- Big to small sequencing. She had to order the apples from biggest to smallest. I laid all the apples out on her magnet tray (it just happen to be setting beside of us). Then I told her to find the biggest one and put it in front of her. Then I told her to now find the biggest one on the tray and then lay it in front of her. I continued like that until she had them all lined up. You could also go from smallest to biggest.


Then our craft for the day was a hand-print apple tree. I painted her forearm for the trunk, hands for leaves, and finger tips for apples.
This craft and her 'A is for apple' coloring page from day 1 will go into her 'Now I Know My ABC's' notebook. This is just a notebook that I'm going to put 2 things in from each week/letter. Then when it's finished she'll have her own little ABC book with her own work in it.

And that finishes up letter Aa. Since it was the end of the week and she had 'learned' letter A, she got to put it up on her Chicka Chicka Boom Boom coconut tree. She was so excited about this, she'd been wanting to put it on there all week.

You can't tell in this picture but she was actually on the phone with grandma telling her she got to put up letter A on the coconut tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment