Tuesday, August 23, 2011

CCBB Day 2

Today was day 2 of our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom unit. So let's jump right in to what we did today...
To start off, we reread CCBB.




Then I let J watch the video on youtube (while I changed a diaper...lol). I just love the goofy face! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUp6BPm6pM

Then we did the coloring page for today. Same as yesterday but with different letters.I kinda of let her color as she pleased at first, then I would ask her to color the letter that I was pointing to a certain color. And we would talk a few seconds about what letter it was that I was pointing to.
Magnet page...



Using her magnet board with pom-pom magnets. I made these by simply hot gluing pom-poms to small magnets.




Then we moved on to the CCBB Tot Book. These can be made by cutting a file folder in half and then folding the two sides in. I found the pages here: http://lapbooksbycarisa.homestead.com/CHickaBoomTotBook.html




My Name...



What Shape is the Letter in?

Capital and lowercase letters...



What color is the tree??



I would read the cards to her (The tree is ________) and then she had to find that color and color the tree. After these were colored, I stapled them into the tot book.



Then I would ask her the shapes, she got most of them right. But missed one or two.



I let her just take out the alphabet cards and just play with them. Then when it was time to put them back up, I had her separate them by color.



Last was our craft for the day. You'll need a paper towel roll and the leaf pattern. We actually painted the leaves and the paper towel roll first thing so they would be dry when we got finished with everything else. That's why she has paint all over her in most of the pictures ;)

Paint the paper towel roll brown.





Then paint 3 leaves green (or color them).



I bought these alphabet stickers at Walmart for $1.



I let her put the letters on the tree.

And then I taped the leaves on. Here's the finished project.


No comments:

Post a Comment