Monday, August 29, 2011

Play Trays

I thought I'd give a quick overview of what 'play trays' are. This is just a cute little name for them that I thought of.  I got the trays at Dollar Tree for $1 a piece.

Each week, she gets 4 trays. I fill each one with different manipulative type of items/toys or at least semi-educational toys.  After she finishes her school work then it's play tray time. I keep them on the book shelf so she can get to them herself.

So... what's in the tray this week?

Tri-colored pasta, small cups, spoon, and small measuring cup. This is one of J's favorites. She uses the spoon and measuring cups to scoop and pour pasta into the little cups.

Pom-poms, bottle caps, and big tweezers. I have her pick up the pom-poms with the tweezers and put in the bottle cap. Helps build those little hand muscles which improves control when writing/coloring.



Magnet tray, alphabet magnets, and pom-pom magnets.



Infantino Puzzle



So that's what in the trays for this week. Each week, I'll put in new things so J stays interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment