Wednesday, August 24, 2011

CCBB Day 3

We're on day three, and J is still loving it and doing such a good job. We started off again by reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and watching the youtube video. She loves that little video, but I'm growing to hate it because I've had that song stuck in my head for the last 2 days. Oh, the things we do for our children...haha.
Again she did another coloring page. I would ask her to find a certain color and color the letter I was pointing to. I tried to get her to have a little more control as she was coloring instead of just scribbling all over the page. And she did much, much better.

But she still did scribble a little...


For this next activity, I used the page below, the capital letter cards from the CCBB Tot Book, and Do-A-Dot markers.

I would pick one of the letter cards and she'd have to find it on her paper and mark it with her Do-A-Dot marker. Some she actually found right away and then she would have a lot of trouble finding others. I think maybe the number of letters on the page was a little overwhelming to her. But as she found and marked the letters, she seemed to have an easier time because there wasn't as many to choose from. She found probably 75% of the letters with hardly any help from me. Overall, I'm amazed at how good she actually did on this paper. I couldn't be prouder.





Then came craft time! We made yet another coconut tree. This one is made using her hands as leaves and her forearm as the tree trunk. She loved getting painted. She kept asking me to paint her whole arm.


Then we added our alphabet stickers.

Voila! Another Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree! This is probably my favorite one. I love having hand print crafts to look back on one day. And that concludes Day 3 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment