Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cool Tools

I wanted to do a post that highlighted a few 'tools' that I have personally used and loved. So here it is.



1. Crayola Dry-Erase Activity Center $14.99. LOVE, love, love this!! It comes with about 4 or 5 activity pages. But I use my own pages with it. The cheap little work books that you can find at the dollar stores work great in it too. I made tracing pages, shown in the picture. It makes you able to reuse and reuse activity sheets. We will be using this quite a bit as we go through our Letter of the Week program.











2. Scotch Thermal Laminator $26 at Walmart. Another favorite of mine with a great price. I knew I wanted a personal laminator to laminate as much as possible so the things I had could be used when baby E gets big enough for Tot School. This one had great reviews and I have been beyond pleased with it. I also got a box of 100 laminating sheets off of Amazon for $9.







3. Lap Tray, I found this one at Salvation Army for $1. Hobby Lobby sells them for around $5 also. These come in so handy when J wants to work in the floor. I think it makes her feel like a big girl ;) We definitely got our dollar's worth out of this.







4. Magnet tray aka-baking sheet. I got this one at Goodwill for $.50. I just sanded it down and spray painted it white (which may have not been the best color choice, note the green crayon marks). Right now, J likes to put her alphabet magnets (Walmart $.88 I think) on it. But we will be using this a lot as well when we begin the program.













5. Do-A-Dot markers $12.90 on Amazon. Now, when I saw this price, I was a little sceptical as to whether these would be worth almost $13. I had read many good reviews and saw that there were pages made just for these markers with the LOTW stuff. But I have to say that J LOVES them. We use them every single day.









6. Maped Koopy Spring Scissors $2.99 on Amazon. These are wonderful for toddlers who are just learning to use scissors. It has a spring so it will open back up automatically. You can deactivate the spring and use as regular scissors also.







I'll be adding to this list of 'cool tools' as I find more things that I love. If you have any recommendations, be sure to leave a comment letting us know.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Holly it's Chasidy, does the Crayola Dry-Erase Activity Center come with those sheets for the letters or did you make those, by laminating them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chasidy- Those sheets come with the set. The only one shown that I made is the second picture (which you could probably tell because my lines aren't very even...haha). Crayola also makes one called 'Crayola Dry-Erase Activity Center Zany Play Edition'. It has more 'game' type sheets with it. SO just be careful which one you grab if you go to buy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Holly, love the idea of spray painting the cookie sheet, we use them also for ABC's magnets etc. great for puzzles if you glue magnets to the back of the pieces. Love the blog girl!

    ReplyDelete